With the Redevelopment going to tender soon, now is the time to make your commitment to help this campaign to completion. Pledges can be completed as originally committed. For those who wanted to wait until the approvals were final, it is time to make your gift now. Your support is still needed and very appreciated.
If you have been a faithful proponent of this project, the Foundation thanks you for your support. You have helped to prove this community needs and values its hospital.
To read more about the Redevelopment Campaign, read these historical newsletters below.
On August 25, 2011 North Wellington Health Care was given the green light to move ahead with our Emergency Department and Ambulatory Care expansion project.
Below is a summary of why Louise Marshall Hospital needs a massive change:
Why Expand the Emergency Department?
- Change is needed now. Talk to any staff member at Louise Marshall Hospital and learn how service will improve significantly with the expansion
- This community has a large population of seniors with accessibility and special needs. There is no wheel chair accessible bathroom in the ER
- The Emergency Department is one of our most important community assets. It is the busiest department in the Hospital
- Over 11,000 patients came through our ER doors in 2012; growth by 2017 is expected to climb over 12,600 patients annually
- Enlarged space will allow more efficient use of equipment, improve patient flow and enhance the working environment of our medical staff
- Each patient will be able to communicate about private issues with medical staff in a confidential manner
Why Expand Ambulatory Care?
Ambulatory Care provide services on an outpatient basis, including diagnosis, observation, treatment, and rehabilitation. Through these services a multitude of treatments are performed more efficiently, effectively and less invasively. Patients experience less pain, shorter recovery times, and in most cases hospital stays of hours instead of days. Our current Ambulatory Care services are peppered throughout the Hospital. These services include:
- Internal Medicine
- Day Surgery
- Various Outpatient Clinics
Our new Ambulatory Care Department will:
- Keep most of these services in one area and be more convenient for patients
- Accommodate modern equipment
- Be more accessible for patients with mobility issues
- Create an efficient working space for our medical staff
Care Statistics year ending March 31, 2012
- Emergency Visits -11,601
- Medical Clinics - 3,415
- Day Surgery - 622
- Inpatient Surgery - 34
- Digital Imaging - 8,689
- Physiotherapy Visits - 2,204
- Diabetic Clinic - 1,359
- Nutrition Clinic - 117
- Oncology - 784
- Admissions - 728
- Average Length of Stay - 4.4 days
- Newborns - 53
- Laboratory Tests - 121,638
- Staff - 113
- Volunteers - 112
Always Here For You Campaign
In August 2012, The Mount Forest Louise Marshall Hospital Foundation hired a firm to run interviews and investigate the feasibility of entering into a major campaign. The goal was to determine whether there would be community support to raise the expected "local" portion of the funds needed to do this project. After only 50 interviews, the answer was positive and very encouraging.
A Campaign Committee was formed shortly after this with training and strategy session taking place late in the spring. The Campaign was officially named in August with a new logo. Always Here For You delivers a sincere message that not only is the staff and Louise Marshall Hospital here for the community; the community is here for its local hospital too.
Early to mid-2014 the Campaign Committee will complete its contact of potential major donors which includes local governments, banks, insurance companies, businesses, service groups and private individuals and families. The last phase or General Community stage of the Campaign will follow this. The Campaign Committee invites all interested in support this effort to contact Jane Ford at the Foundation office. email@example.com
How Can I Help?
Volunteers will be needed for various fundraisers. Contact the Foundation office today: firstname.lastname@example.org