Palmerston and District Hospital Auxiliary strive to make your volunteer experience a positive one.
Whether you would like to use existing skills or develop new ones, make new friendships or support our local community Hospital.
We would love to have you on our team!
We Have Volunteer Opportunities in the Following Areas:
The Hospital Auxiliary hosts an annual “P.D.H.” Retirees’ Luncheon for any staff who has retired from Palmerston and District Hospital.
Annual Christmas Bazaar
The annual Christmas Bazaar is held in November at the Palmerston Community Centre. Volunteers are needed in a number of areas such as baking and helping with the lunch counter.
- Volunteer work between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekdays
- Volunteers can knit, crochet or make craft articles for the Gift Shop
- Proceeds go towards the Palmerston and District Hospital Auxiliary
- Volunteers escort patients to the Specialist Clinic
- Volunteers help make tray favours for patients’ trays on special occasions
- Volunteers can knit layettes for babies born in the hospital
Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
- Volunteers help hospitalized senior patients with meals, exercises, activities and daily visits
- For more information please contact:
- Opportunities available to serve on the Executive Board
Reasons for volunteering vary from person to person and may include:
- The desire to help others
- To gain experience in a hospital setting
- Make new friendships
- Use or develop skills
- Obtain references
Whatever your reason, Palmerston and District Hospital Auxiliary appreciates your contributions and every effort will be made to ensure your positive experience.
What to Expect
- To be treated as a valuable member of the team
- Have a suitable placement, as requested, with consideration of your personal preference, life experience, education, employment background and skills
- Learn about the Hospital Auxiliary, its policies, mission, its people and its progress
- Receive thorough training for your volunteer position
- Receive guidance and direction from someone on the health care team who is experienced, patient, well-informed and thoughtful
- Be shown respect
- Be recognized for the time and talent you generously contribute
Hospitals offer unique community volunteering opportunities.
In the interest of maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for all, Auxiliary members are required to have a Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check and a two part TB skin test prior to active membership. The Hospital Auxiliary makes all necessary arrangements for both.
The Palmerston and District Hospital Auxiliary strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive volunteering environment. Upon individual request, the Association will endeavour to remove any barrier to the selection process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Our Auxiliary is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful volunteer experience free from violence and harassment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our Hospital Auxiliary, please contact:
Sharon Greenwood, Treasurer