Louise Marshall Hospital Auxiliary strives to make your volunteer experience a positive one.
Whether you would like to use existing skills or develop new ones, make new friendships or support our local community Hospital.
We would love to have you on our team!
We have volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
Events & Fundraisers
- Spring Luncheon in May
- Radio-thon in May
- Selling quilt tickets
- Annual Christmas Bazaar in November
- Proceeds go towards the Louise Marshall Hospital Auxiliary
- Volunteers work as receptionists to greet patients and get files ready for the physician
- Raises funds for The Mount Forest Louise Marshall Hospital Foundation and Cancer Patient Services
Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
- Volunteers help hospitalized senior patients with meals, exercises, activities and daily visits
For more information please contact:
Reasons for volunteering vary from person to person and may include:
- The desire to help others
- To gain experience in a hospital setting
- Make new friendships
- Use or develop skills
- Obtain references
What to Expect
- To be treated as a valuable member of the team
- Have a suitable placement, as requested, with consideration of your personal preference, life experience, education, employment background and skills
- Learn about the Hospital Auxiliary, its mission, its people and its progress
- Receive thorough training for your volunteer position
- Receive guidance and direction from someone on the health care team who is experienced, patient, well-informed and thoughtful
- Be shown respect
- Be recognized for the time and talent you generously contribute
Hospitals offer unique community volunteering opportunities and in the interest of maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for all.
Auxiliary members, working in the hospital, are required to have a Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check and a two part TB skin test prior to active membership. The Hospital Auxiliary makes all necessary arrangements for both.
The Louise Marshall Hospital Auxiliary strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive volunteering environment. Upon individual request, the Association will endeavour to remove any barrier to the selection process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Our Auxiliary is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful volunteer experience free from violence and harassment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our Hospital Auxiliary, please contact:
Phone: (519) 323-9287
--- or ---
Phone: (519) 323-0065